Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Welcome to Wyoming


































Greetings from Cody --

The Sturgis bike rally has been an education in and of itself. Lest you think we are winning the war on smoking, visit Sturgis where you can see 1,000,000 people chain smoking like mad befoe they hop back on their bikes. Note to bikers -- helmets are out but do rags are in. I'm sure they do a great job sopping up the mess when you wipe out. Best comment heard at Mt Rushmore by a 60 year old biker to his biker bud -- "Man, my ass is draggin today!" Of course this became our mantra today following our beautiful trail ride in the mountains here in WY. But I digress...I appreciated that Mike tasked Eli with following the biker woman in the Crazy Horse museum who was wearing boots, her Catholic uniform plaid skirt, and a haltar top that revealed an entire painting of tatoos so that Eli could signal me to check her out when I came out of the gift shop..as if I could've missed her!

Favorite town name so far: What Cheer
Favorite winery: Red Ass Rhubarb Winery
Favorite Free item: The Free Bikini Bike Wash
Favorite Road name: Crazy Woman Creek Rd (I think that pioneer life really drove these women over the edge)

By the way, our trail guide cowgirl informed us that she is from a small town in none other than Portage, MI. Does anyone know the Whitehurst family that lives in Rudgate?

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Since we have so much rhubarb we decided to start a winery also!!What a great name!! Can you come up with one for ours!! Someone here would like to be at the next free bikini car wash, and it isn't me.I'm sure that uniform skirt belonged to your sister as she couldn't get rid of it fast enough!!!! Reliving it all!! Thanks
    Experienced "73

    ReplyDelete